Tuesday, January 26, 2010

As My Gypsy Heartbreaks...

Today I went out to Salon Vogue to "close up shop". Its a hour an a half drive through the country to Gainesville. I barely got across the 206 bridge and my mind started wandering. Looking out over the water and thinking of the Overseas Highway to the Keys. Then, my thoughts switched to where I was going and what I was doing. Sadness overwhelmed me at the thought of leaving. With tears running out of my eyes I thought of all the great friends and connections I have made here in the past 17 months. Its hard to leave a place where people truly love you and need you. Its hard to say good bye to people you look at like family.


Funny thing is, in September 2008 I left St Augustine without the sadness I feel today. Coming back I found myself surrounded by a whole different group of people....amazing, caring, loving people...People I will try to leave a little piece of myself with...a reminder of what they mean to me...something that when they look at it they think of me....


Today I left a painting in Kim's Salon...I hope shes happy when she discovers the little piece of my Gypsy Heart hanging on her wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment